UpdraftPlus simplifies backups (and restoration). Backup into the cloud (Amazon S3 (or compatible), Dropbox, Google Drive, Rackspace Cloud, DreamObjects, FTP, Openstack Swift, UpdraftPlus Vault and email) and restore with a single click. Backups of files and database can have separate schedules. The paid version also backs up to Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Storage, SFTP, SCP, and WebDAV.
Top-quality: UpdraftPlus is the highest-ranking backup plugin on wordpress.org, with over a million currently active installs. Widely tested and reliable, this is the world’s #1 most popular and mostly highly rated scheduled backup plugin. Millions of backups completed!
- Supports WordPress backups to UpdraftPlus Vault, Amazon S3 (or compatible), Dropbox, Rackspace Cloud Files, Google Drive, Google Cloud Storage, DreamHost DreamObjects, FTP, OpenStack (Swift) and email. Also (via a paid add-on) backup to Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Storage, FTP over SSL, SFTP, SCP, and WebDAV (and compatible services, e.g. Yandex, Cubby, OwnCloud). Examples of S3-compatible providers: Cloudian, Connectria, Constant, Eucalyptus, Nifty, Nimbula, Cloudn.
- Quick restore (both file and database backups)
- Backup automatically on a repeating schedule
- Site duplicator/migrator: can copy sites, and (with add-on) duplicate them at new locations
- Restores and migrates backup sets from other backup plugins (Premium) (currently supported: BackWPUp, BackupWordPress, Simple Backup, WordPress Backup To Dropbox)
- Files and database backups can have separate schedules
- Remotely control your backups on every site from a single dashboard with UpdraftCentral – hosted for you or self-hosted
- Failed uploads are automatically resumed/retried
- Large sites can be split into multiple archives
- Select which files to backup (plugins, themes, content, other)
- Select which components of a backup to restore
- Download backup archives direct from your WordPress dashboard
- Database backups can be encrypted for security (Premium)
- Debug mode – full logging of the backup
- Internationalised (translations welcome – see below)
- Premium version and support available (including free remote backup storage) – https://updraftplus.com
- Supported on all current PHP versions (5.2 – 7.1)
From our YouTube channel, here’s how to install:
Don’t risk your backups on anything less
Your WordPress backups are worth the same as your entire investment in your website. The day may come when you get hacked, or your hosting company does, or they go bust – without good backups, you lose everything. Do you really want to entrust all your work to a backup plugin with only a few thousand downloads, or that has no professional backup or support? Believe us – writing a reliable backup plugin that works consistently across the huge range of WordPress deployments is hard.
UpdraftPlus Backup/Restore is not crippled in any way – it is fully functional for backing up and restoring your site. What we do have is various extra features (including site cloning), and guaranteed support, available from our website, updraftplus.com. See a comparison of the free/Premium versions, here.
If you need WordPress multisite backup compatibility (you’ll know if you do), then you need UpdraftPlus Premium.
UpdraftCentral – Remote control
As well as controlling your backups from within WordPress, you can also control all your sites’ backups from a single dashboard, with UpdraftCentral. UpdraftCentral can control both free and Premium versions of UpdraftPlus, and comes in two versions:
- Hosted dashboard: a ready-to-go dashboard on updraftplus.com, with 5 free licences for everyone (read more here).
- Host your own: Host the dashboard on your own WP install, with the free self-install plugin
Professional / Enterprise support agreements available
UpdraftPlus Backup/Restore is written by professional WordPress developers. If your site needs guaranteed support, then we are available. Just go to our shop.
More premium plugins
If you are in the market for other WordPress premium plugins (especially WooCommerce addons), then try our shop, here: https://www.simbahosting.co.uk/s3/shop/
Are you multi-lingual? Can you translate?
Are you able to translate UpdraftPlus into another language? Are you ready to help speakers of your language? UpdraftPlus Backup/Restore itself is ready and waiting – the only work needed is the translating. The translation process is easy, and web-based – go here for instructions: https://updraftplus.com/translate/. (Or if you’re an expert WordPress translator already, then just pick out the .pot file from the wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/languages/ directory – if you scan for translatable strings manually, then you need to get these functions: _x(), __(), _e(), _ex(), log_e()).
Many thanks to the existing translators – listed at: https://updraftplus.com/translate/
We hang out in the WordPress support forum for this plugin – https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/updraftplus – however, to save time so that we can spend it on development, please read the plugin’s FAQs – https://updraftplus.com/support/frequently-asked-questions/ – before going there, and ensure that you have updated to the latest released version of UpdraftPlus backup/restore.
Copyright 2011-16 David Anderson This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
Furthermore, reliance upon any non-English translation is at your own risk. UpdraftPlus can give no guarantees that translations from the original English are accurate.
We recognise and thank the following for code and/or libraries used and/or modified under the terms of their open source licences; see: https://updraftplus.com/acknowledgements/