Are you looking for a simple ad manager plugin? These are the top arguments to use Advanced Ads:
- approved in 10 years of Publishing and Ad Optimization
- works with all ad types and networks, including Google AdSense, Google Ad Manager (DFP), Amazon ads, or media.net
- Google AdSense Partner
- most features to test and optimize ads
- unlimited ad units
- ads.txt support
- dedicated Gutenberg block for ads
- the only solution with Ad Health integration and Google AdSense violation checks
- best rated free support
This is what our users are saying about Advanced Ads:
We use this plugin to deliver rotating ads on a community news site, and it’s great. Both feature-rich and reliable, your imagination is the limit when it comes to the product you want to create for your users. We’ve delivered over a million ad impressions since we launched less than a year ago, using a combination of sidebar, top, sticky and in-content placements — both HTML5 and images. Advanced Ads makes it easy for our small team to deliver a good experience to our users and our advertisers.
mytown304 on wp.org
Would you like to know if there is a certain feature, what the optimized setup would be, or how to implement your client’s demands? Just open a thread in the forum!
Advanced Ads allowed us to grow from 0 to 100 MM monthly ad impressions. Benefit from our experience as a publisher and monetize your website today!
Full Feature List.
- create and display unlimited ad units
- rotate ads
- schedule ads and set start time and expiration date
- target ads by content and user groups
- inject ads into posts and pages automatically without coding
- sell ads on your website automatically with the Selling Ads add-on
choose between different ad types that enable you to:
- insert ads content and banners from all ad and affiliate networks (e.g., Google AdSense, Amazon, BuySellAds, Google Ad Manager, DoubleClick (DFP), Ezoic, media.net, Booking.com, Tradedoubler, Awin, Getyourguide, The Moneytizer…)
- dedicated support for all types of Google AdSense ads, including text and diplay ads, native ads (In-article, In-feed, matched content), link units (standard and responsive), Auto ads, and Auto ads for AMP
- display images and image banners
- create content-rich ads with the WordPress TinyMCE editor
- create Amazon ads with the Rich Content ad type and the Amazon Associates Link Builder or insert contextual Amazon Native Shopping Ads
- use shortcodes within ads (to also deliver advertisements from another ad plugin like Ad Inserter, AdRotate, Quick AdSense, WP Bannerize, or the Google AdSense Plugin WP QUADS)
display ads for WP
- use functions to display ads in template files
- use shortcodes to place them manually in post content
- show ads in the sidebar and in widgets
- disable all ads on specific pages
- display multiple ads (ad blocks)
- display a customizable ad label, e.g., “Advertisements” above each banner ad
show ads based on conditions like:
- individual posts, pages, and other post types
- posts by category, tags, taxonomies, author, and age
- archive pages by category, tags, taxonomies
- special page types like 404, attachment and front page
- hide ads on secondary queries (e.g., posts in sidebars)
- display or hide banners within the post feed
- hide all ads from specific page types, e.g., 404 pages, feed
- hide ads from bots and web crawlers
serve ads by conditions based on the visitor. List of all visitor conditions
- display or hide a banner by device: mobile and tablet or desktop
- display or hide a banner by role and for logged-in visitors
- advanced visitor conditions: previously visited URL (referrer), user capability, browser language, browser and device, URL parameters included in Pro
- display ads by geolocation with the Geo Targeting add-on
- display ads by browser width with the Responsive add-on
Fantastic plugin and outstanding support
I tried at least three other ad plugins for WordPress and ‘Advanced Ads’ is by and far the best one. Last but not least in the support. The first port of call are a number of excellent tutorials. And finally the hands on support. I don’t quite know how he does it but the speed and depth of responses are absolutely amazing.
djsawyer on wp.org
ad injection | placements
Placements to insert ads in pre-defined positions in your theme and content. List of all placements
- ads after any given paragraph, headline, image, or other HTML element
- ads at the top or bottom of the post content
- ads before closing
- ads in the footer
- test placements against each other with Pro
- many more ad positions with add-ons
- automatic insertion of any kind of code into header or footer, not only advertising
- display ads on mobile and tablets or desktop only
- display responsive image ads
- ads for specific browser sizes only using Responsive Ads
- inserting ads on AMP pages with Responsive Ads
Amazing features of the most powerful and easy Google AdSense plugin.
- unlimited Google AdSense ads banners
- pull ad units directly from your Google AdSense account
- show AdSense revenue in WP Admin
- change settings of your Google AdSense ads directly from your WordPress backend
- supports all Google AdSense ad types, including Google AdSense display ads, link units, native ads like In-feed ads, In-article ads, matched content ads, Google AdSense Auto ads, and Google AdSense Auto ads for AMP
- change type and sizes of an ad without going into your Google AdSense account
- hide Google AdSense advertisements on 404 pages by default (to comply with Google AdSense terms)
- insert Google AdSense code for verification and AdSense Auto Ads (previously called Page-Level ads and QuickStart)
- disable Google Auto ads anchor ads at the top of the page
- easy Ad Health integration and Google AdSense violation checks
- option to make the Google AdSense background transparent
- place Google AdSense In-feed ads using the also free In-feed add-on
- assistant for exact sizes of responsive Google AdSense code with the Responsive add-on
- convert Google AdSense ads into AMP ads automatically with the Responsive add-on
- ads.txt generated with the correct AdSense information automatically
- works along Google Site Kit or can replace if it you want to control your ad placements
Like j4ckson185, there are thousands of happy AdSense users:
Your app is awesome, congratulations! Google Adsense suggests using your app on its official website, it’s incredible!
- generates ads.txt with custom content
- adds the content for AdSense to the ads.txt automatically
- basic features to prevent ad units from being removed by AdBlock and others
- prevent ad blockers from breaking sites where plugin scripts are running
- ad blocking detection: show alternative content to ad block users with Pro and improve the monetization of your website
Learn more on the plugin homepage.
Thank you for motivating us with your positive review.
Localizations: Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Portuguese, Slovak, Spanish, Turkish, Vietnamese, Polish, Chinese (Taiwan)
- all add-ons include priority email support
- Advanced Ads Pro – powerful tools for ad optimizations: cache-busting, more placements, lazy load, ad blocker module, click fraud, and more
- Tracking – ad tracking and statistics
- Responsive Ads – create mobile ads or ads for specific browser sizes and ads on AMP
- Google Ad Manager Integration – a quick and error-free way to load ad units from GAM / DFP account without touching any ad codes
- Geo Targeting – display ads based on geo location of the visitor
- Sticky Ads – increase click rates with fixed, sticky, and anchor ads
- PopUp and Layer Ads – display ads and other content in layers and popups
- Selling Ads – allows you to sell ads on your website fully automated, including payments and advertiser profiles.
- Slider – create a simple slider from your ads
If you have problems with Advanced Ads, please reach out to our support.
Advanced Ads integrates with plenty of other plugins:
How to install the plugin and get it working?
Using The WordPress Dashboard
- Navigate to the ‘Add New’ in the plugins dashboard
- Search for ‘advanced ads’
- Click ‘Install Now’
- Activate Advanced Ads on the Plugin dashboard
Uploading in WordPress Dashboard
- Navigate to the ‘Add New’ in the plugins dashboard
- Navigate to the ‘Upload’ area
advanced-ads.zip from your computer
- Click ‘Install Now’
- Activate Advanced Ads in the Plugin dashboard
- Extract the
advanced-ads directory to your computer
- Upload the
advanced-ads directory to the
- Activate Advanced Ads in the Plugin dashboard
How to put ads on WordPress?
You can use Advanced Ads to insert ads into your WordPress site without any coding.
To get started, just take a look at
What about my users’ privacy and GDPR?
You can show ads only to visitors that give their consent. See GDPR support.
Advanced Ads itself does neither save personal information (e.g., an IP address) in your database nor cookies in the visitor’s browser.
Third party services like Google Analytics are disabled by default.
You can learn more about how Advanced Ads and its add-ons handles data and privacy of your visitors on this page.
Which ad networks are supported?
Advanced Ads is compatible with all ad networks and banners from affiliate programs like Google AdSense, Chitika, Clickbank, Amazon, and also Google Ad Manager (Google Double Click, DFP), media.net.
You can also use it to insert additional ad network tags into header or footer of your site without coding.
AdSense has even a dedicated ad type leveling the specific options this ad network provides.
PHP functions and shortcodes
You can use functions and shortcodes to display ads and ad groups.
The integers in this example are the IDs of the elements.
Use these shortcodes to insert an ad or group into your post/page.
Use these functions to insert an ad or ad group into your template file.
<?php the_ad(24); ?>
<?php the_ad_group(5); ?>
In addition to directly displaying ads and groups you can define ad placements and assign either an ad or group to them.
<?php the_ad_placement('header-left'); ?>
Is there a revenue share?
There is no revenue share. Advanced Ads doesn’t alter your ad codes in a way that you earn less than you would directly including the ad code in your template.
Can I place ads directly in my theme files?
Yes. I would add a “Manual” placement into your theme files. It would allow you to change the displayed ads or groups later without changing your code again.
Does it work with other ad plugins?
Yes. Advanced Ads can be combined with other ad plugins.
Just use their shortcodes in our “Rich Media” ad type to combine both features.
Works with AdRotate, Ad Inserter, Ad Injection, Quick AdSense, Quick AdSense Reloaded (WPQUADS), Simple Ads Manager, and other plugins.
Advanced Ads can be used along Google Site Kit or replace it if you need more control over your ad setup.
Is the plugin compatible with page builders?
Yes. It works out of the box with all site builders that allow shortcodes or widgets, like Elementor, SiteOrigin, Beaver Builder, WPBakery Page Builder (formerly Visual Composer), Nimble Page Builder, and others.
There is also a free add-on to support the WPBakery Page Builder (formerly Visual Composer).
Will ads show up for ad block users?
Visitors who have any ad blocker (e.g., AdBlock Plus) enabled won’t see ads from known external sources (e.g., AdSense).
You can still monetize those spots with custom content.
Read more about ad blockers and the features Advanced Ads has to deal with them on this page.
Does the plugin support an ads.txt?
Google AdSense and some other networks ask you to provide an ads.txt.
Advanced Ads can create that file automatically with the correct information for AdSense, when you enable the ads.txt feature in Advanced Ads > Settings > General > ads.txt and enter your AdSense publisher ID in Advanced Ads > Settings > AdSense.
I am a developer. Can I customize the plugin?
Yes. You can use plenty of hooks to customize Advanced Ads.
- placements are now ordered by type on the Placements page. You can still choose ordering by name
- the “custom” option of the Content placement now comes with a picker to select the position in the frontend
- WPML: placements pages show ads according to the selected language
- WPML: display the ad in the original language if a translated ad is missing unless the publisher chooses to hide it instead
- prevented injection of ads into captions of “image” blocks
- improved bot check
- fixed layout of expiry data fields
- fixed broken check for the Responsive add-on
- inject ads automatically based on div, table, quotes, iframe, and other HTML tags
- define your own injection rules using the new “custom” option for the Content placement
- hide Shortcode button in TinyMCE editor by default for new users
advanced-ads-options filter for main plugin options
- prevent automatic ad injection into paragraphs within blockquotes
- hide placement options after publishing an ad translated with WPML
- disallowed ad insertion into the header of the WP File Manager’s admin page
- set default name for ads where none was given
- fixed issue where long option markup could break the group page
- made placements of type other than “Header Code” work with “Thrive Theme Builder” theme
- added Datanyze and Ecosia to bots list
- linked to Google Ad Manager Integration
- fixed Layout Key field for AdSense ads not saving new values
- fixed error that broke the wizard when the URL field of image ads contained a wrong value
- fixed links to manuals
- fixed unneeded notification shown when ads are disabled on 404 pages
- fixed escaped HTML tag in Ad Planning column
- fixed possible third-party conflict causing the ad group filter to throw an exception
- removed unneeded notification shown when ads are disabled on 404 pages
- fixed warning about missing
the_content filter in WordPress 5.4
- fixed public warning if the WordPres
widget function is called with wrong parameters
- fixed wrong usage of get_current_user
- WPML: placements now deliver also ads translated with WPML when only one of the language versions was assigned to them
- fixed delete option in placement form
- fixed index value of content placements not showing up in the form while saved and working correctly
- recovered compatibility with the “Render Blocking JS” option of the WP Fastest Cache plugin
- improved coding style in backend templates
- prepared for option to allow minimum number of words between ads in Advanced Ads Pro
- hide notice that warns if the “Disable ads in REST API” option was selected
- Renad theme: fixed a bug that caused menu item to point to incorrect url instead of theme options
- fixed ads being injected multiple times when using the Newspaper theme or multiple the_content filters
- added option and Display Condition to disable ads in content served through the REST API
- made error notices less obstrusive
- code style optimizations
- fixed ad groups form on ad edit page
- fixed potential conflict with autoloader
- prevented content injection into specific elements where ads cause issues
advads-stop-injection class to any element into which you don’t want to automatically inject ads
- fixed possible cURL error when checking existing ads.txt file locally
- replaced autoloader
- fixed an issue where an expired ad removed HTML in the ad code
- fixed failing upload of new image ads
- fixed Google Ad Manager debug link also showing up when other Google Publisher Tags are used
- improved AdSense ad unit list coming from the AdSense API
- improved “highlight ads” option in Ad Health
- show notice if AJAX calls are broken
com.pl as exception for placing ads.txt files in subdomains
- removed placeholder for AdSense ads in the Customizer and Elementor editor
- fix for WP Smush lazy load preventing image ads from showing at all
- allow to change size of AdSense ads loaded from the AdSense account
- moved all users to the new content injection logic and removed opt-out option
- use new Auto ads code for everyone who didn’t enable the “Disable top anchor ads” option
- hide “Disable top anchor ads” option to users who didn’t enable it
- the Ad Admin user role can now also save the plugin settings
- hide Wizard for existing ads
- removed warning about WP Autoterms plugin after a fix by the plugin authors
- some work for Conditions to improve compatibility with an upcoming Pro feature
- fixed multiple wrappers occurred as result of using nested ads
- fixed missing index issue on 404 pages for logged-in admins
- fixed AJAX/PHP error 403 on Settings page
- fixed layout issue that happened when “If>So Dynamic Content” plugin was active
- prevented Ad label from taking height of fixed sized AdSense ads
Placements that let you inject ads anywhere into your site without coding (7 in Advanced Ads + 14 through add-ons).
Support for all kinds of ad types, including dedicated AdSense type. AMP is included in the Responsive add-on.
Flexible ad input with the Plain Text ad type and code highlighting.
Align your ads within the content.
Dynamically change AdSense ad options in your WordPress backend.
Choose where to display your ads using many conditions.
Use various conditions to choose who should see ads (basic plugin and more in add-ons).
See AdSense earnings in your WP Backend
Track impressions and clicks (Tracking add-on).
Convert AdSense ads into AMP automatically (Responsive add-on)