This plugin allows to change the WordPress post type.. Quick edit and bulk edit option are also available.
*Note: Make sure to take a database backup before performing any actions.
- In your WordPress Dashboard go to “Plugins” -> “Add Plugin”.
- Search for “Custom Post Type Changer”.
- Install the plugin by clicking the “Install” button and activate.
- Go to the posts/pages/any other post type page and click on the quick edit option to select your current post-type from the post-type drop down.
- Change post types as needed and update.
- For ‘Bulk Edit’, select the posts you want to modify and click on ‘edit’ option from ‘Bulk Options’ drop down and click on the ‘Apply’.
- You can find your current post-type is auto selected from post-type drop down. Change the post types as needed and update.
The plugin can convert nearly every combination of posts, pages, and even custom post types:
- Page to Post
- Post to Page
- Post to Custom
- Custom to Custom
With bulk edit feature, you can select all the posts from a certain type and convert them to a new type easily.
Why would I need this plugin?
You can selectively change any posts type from one to another.
Does this mess up my arrangement family?
No. This plugin will only change the ‘post_type’ property of a post.
How can I enable this Plug in?
Install and make this plugin active
Can I modify the post type on my existing article or post?
Yes. Select your article, click edit and find the post type.
Are there any settings I need to enable?
In your custom taxonomy function set ‘show_admin_column’ to true.
"Post Type" column in "Posts" screen.
"Post Type" interface in "Quick Edit".
"Post Type" interface in "Bulk Edit".