Admin Installer via search
- Visit the Add New plugin screen and search for “custom post type ui”.
- Click the “Install Now” button.
- Activate the plugin.
- Navigate to the “CPTUI” Menu.
Admin Installer via zip
- Visit the Add New plugin screen and click the “Upload Plugin” button.
- Click the “Browse…” button and select zip file from your computer.
- Click “Install Now” button.
- Once done uploading, activate Custom Post Type UI.
- Upload the Custom Post Type UI folder to the plugins directory in your WordPress installation.
- Activate the plugin.
- Navigate to the “CPTUI” Menu.
That’s it! Now you can easily start creating custom post types and taxonomies in WordPress.
Please see http://docs.pluginize.com/category/126-custom-post-type-ui
Please see http://codex.pluginize.com/cptui/
1.7.4 – 2020-03-17
- Added: Nonce admin verification for import functionality.
- Added: Extra escaping of markup and output for “Get Code” areas.
1.7.3 – 2020-02-05
- Updated: styles and appearance to better match WordPress core.
- Updated: Change newsletter service integration. Hey, sign up for our newsletter! Props @Oceas
1.7.2 – 2020-01-08
- Fixed: Duplicate entries for “delete_with_user” in get code.
- Fixed: Delete button for post types and taxonomies at bottom of page did not trigger dialog prompt.
1.7.1 – 2019-11-06
- Fixed: Random-ish redirects to the “Add new” tab for post types or taxonomies
1.7.0 – 2019-11-06
- Actually added this time: Delete with user support for post types. Managed to miss the code with 1.6.0 which was a long time ago.
- Added: Ability to disable registration of post types or taxonomies, via code filter, without deleting them completely from settings.
- Added: New post type labels introduced in WordPress 5.0.0.
- Added: Link to Dashicon documentation for when editing menu icon. Props @juliekuehl
- Added: Ability to automatically fill in additional labels based on chosen plural and singular label text.
- Updated: Added post type templates documentation to help section.
- Updated: Redirect user to the “add” tab if deleting the last post type or taxonomy created.
- Updated: Touched up tab markup to match semantic improvements provided by WordPress 5.2.0.
- Fixed: potential duplicate output of “parent_item_colon” with “Get Code” output.
- Misc: Added code of conduct file to github repo. Props GaryJones.
1.6.2 – 2019-05-20
- Added: “themes” is now a reserved post type slug due to conflicts with WordPress internally.
- Fixed: Updated wording around “Supports” section of post type settings screen.
1.6.1 – 2018-12-03
- Fixed: Missed quote for “publicly_queryable” in taxonomy “get code” output.
- Fixed: Adjusted handling of capitalization on the word “false” when being used to disable a taxonomy metabox via the “metabox callback” setting. The word “false” needs to be all lowercase to disable.
- Updated: Added note about ability to pass “false” for the “metabox callback” setting to disable the metabox.
- Updated: Fall back to “custom-post-type-ui” textdomain in “get code” output if theme does not have their own.
- Updated: Make “Show In Rest” setting default to true taxonomies for sake of easier Gutenberg integration in the future. 1.6.0 had just post types doing this.
1.6.0 – 2018-10-22
- Added: Support for
meta_box_cb parameter for
register_taxonomy and taxonomies.
- Added: Dynamically warn about existing slugs.
- Added: “delete_with_user” support for post types.
- Added: Filters for post type and taxonomy data right before saving of final data.
cptui_get_taxonomy_exists function to check if a provided taxonomy is registered.
- Added: Required PHP version to readme.txt
- Added: Filter on taxonomies to be listed as available for association with a post type.
- Added: Warning indicators to our “Slug changed” and “Slug exists” warnings for post types and taxonomies.
- Added: Support for “publicly_queryable” parameter for taxonomies.
- Added: Support for “rest_controller_class” parameters for both post types and taxonomies.
- Added: Some initial WP-CLI support for importing and exporting CPTUI settings.
name_admin_bar support in post type labels.
- Added: Handling of array versions for “capability_type” field.
- Updated: Bump minimum WordPress version to 4.7.
- Updated: Pass the object_type array to
cptui_pre_register_taxonomy filter as extra parameter.
- Updated: Adjusted preserved label handling to aid with plugin performance. Props alex-solovyev
- Updated: Utilize
wp_doing_ajax() function for our AJAX checks.
- Updated: Clarify what is exported with the Post Types and Taxonomies spots for the Tools section.
- Updated: Clarify that the listed post types to associate to a CPTUI taxonomy are public post types by default.
- Updated: Make “Show In Rest” setting default to true for sake of easier Gutenberg integration in the future.
- Fixed: Only register archive slug if has_archive is set to true.
- Fixed: Error occurred when attempting to unset post types while editing a taxonomy.
- Fixed: Prevent errors from non-existant callback functions during post type or taxonomy processing.
- Fixed: Incorrect use of reserved taxonomy slugs function in a check for reserved post types.
- Fixed: Make sure “No post type selected” alert trigger from both buttons on the taxonomy settings edit screen.
- Fixed: Add our stylesheet only on our CPTUI pages. Fixes responsive bug on post editor screen.
- Fixed: Removed duplicate “label” in taxonomy “get code” section.
Add new post type screen and tab.
Add new taxonomy screen and tab.
Registered post types and taxonomies from CPTUI
Import/Export Post Types screen.
Get Code screen.