Ginger is a complete plug’n play solution that make your website compliant with EU Cookie law. Configure your banner and block cookies before or after users’ choise.
Now totally free and all addon unlocked!
Help me to keep this plugin mantained: https://github.com/webgrafia/ginger
- really plug’n play: simply activate, and enjoy
- complete banner configuration: style, position and colors
- Opt-in mode enabler: block cookies BEFORE user acceptance (fit for Italy regulation)
- Exclude Google Analytics cookie if not anonymized
- Compatible with server caching
- google +
- google analytics
- google maps
- WPML support
- Polylang support
- Cookie Users’ Acceptance Logger
More information here: ginger-cookielaw.com
Send us suggestions or bug report!
- Upload ginger to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Enable, configure settings and banner in Ginger Configuration Page (follow the gingerman)
Do I need to code themes or plugins?
Absolutely not. It’s really plug’n play
Does it block cookies before they’re explicitly accepted by user?
Sure, you can choose opt-in or opt-out mode to let it work as you wish.
Does it use jQuery?
No, you can be safe from plugins conflict. It’s been developed using Cookies Enabler Js Library developed by Nicholas Ruggeri: https://github.com/nicholasruggeri/cookies-enabler
What about other cookies not supported natively?
Is compatible with multilanguage websites?
Yes, actually you we have 2 addons for multilanguages: wpml and polylang. Ask to our support forum for custom requestes
- added reset cookie shortcode
- added role access to settings page
- notice bugfix
- option to enable / disable logger
- new option to disable ginger on loggedin
- new option to exclude specific pages
- new option to disable ginger in policy page
- disabled banner text indicization
- fixed misspelling and order wp_footer script
- Worpress 4.4 compatibility
- Fixed Yoast Compatibility
- Import/Export Tool
- notice fix
- Doubleclick Adsense addon
- Custom js/iframe addon
- new addon page layout
- fix bug addon analytics
- minor fixes
- Adsense Addon
- Google Analytics Addon
- WPML addon
- Google Maps Fix
- Control json Page
- Add support for disqus and ShareThis
- Get original class on iframe
- Bugfix on Css
- fix style banner
- cookie expire time
- css custom
- vimeo support
- minor fix on label and translation
- fix encoding
- activation with default options
- added refresh option
- fixed wp 3.0 compatibility
- fix italian translations
- admin pointer
General Configuration Page: here you can enable banner and choose from opt-in (for Italia as example) or opt-out mode
Banner setup: dialog or banner, colors, posizions, etc
Front-end example of light banner in footer, with iframe locked before approvation in opt-in mode
Logger addon example
Custom Iframe Configurator Addon