Security, performance, and site management: the best way to WordPress is with Jetpack.
24/7 Site Security
Jetpack is your site’s security detail, guarding you against brute-force attacks and unauthorized logins. Basic protection is always free, while premium plans add expanded backup and automated fixes. Jetpack’s full suite of site security tools include:
- Brute-force attack protection, spam filtering, and downtime monitoring.
- Backups of your entire site, either once daily or in real time.
- Secure login, with optional two-factor authentication.
- Malware scanning, code scanning, and automated threat resolution.
- A record of every change on your site to simplify troubleshooting.
- Fast, priority support from WordPress experts.
Activate site accelerator tools and watch your page load times decrease — we’ll optimize your images and serve them from our own powerful global network, and speed up your mobile site to reduce bandwidth usage (and save money!). Connect Jetpack to take advantage of:
- Elasticsearch-powered related content and site search, for relevant results with no drain on your servers.
- Lazy load images for a faster mobile experience.
- Unlimited and high-speed video via our content delivery network.
Effortless Site Management
Create and customize your WordPress site, optimize it for visitors and revenue, and enjoy watching your stats tick up. Built it, share it, and watch it grow with:
- Advanced site stats and analytics for understanding your audience.
- Hundreds of professional themes, for a pro site no matter what your niche.
- Intuitive and powerful customization tools to match your website to your brand.
- Simple PayPal payment buttons for selling products and services.
- SEO tools for Google, Bing, Twitter, Facebook, and WordPress.com to maximize your reach.
- An advertising program that includes the best of AdSense, Facebook Ads, AOL, Amazon, Google AdX, and Yahoo.
- Integration with the official WordPress mobile apps, to manage your site from anywhere.
We have a global team of Happiness Engineers ready to help you. Ask your questions in the support forum, or contact us directly.
Compare our simple and affordable plans or take a product tour to learn more.
Installation is free, quick, and easy. Install Jetpack from our site in minutes.
Installation is free, quick, and easy. Install Jetpack from our site in minutes.
Alternatively, install Jetpack via the plugin directory, or upload the files manually to your server and follow the on-screen instructions. If you need additional help read our detailed instructions.
Is Jetpack free?
Yes! Jetpack’s core features are and always will be free.
These include: site stats, a high-speed CDN for images, related posts, downtime monitoring, brute force attack protection, automated sharing to social networks, sidebar customization, and many more.
Should I purchase a paid plan?
Jetpack’s paid services include real-time backups, security scanning, premium themes, spam filtering, video hosting, site monetization, SEO tools, search, priority support, and more.
To learn more about the essential security and WordPress services we provide, visit our plan comparison page.
Why do I need a WordPress.com account?
Since Jetpack and its services are provided and hosted by WordPress.com, a WordPress.com account is required for Jetpack to function.
I already have a WordPress account, but Jetpack isn’t working. What’s going on?
A WordPress.com account is different from the account you use to log into your self-hosted WordPress. If you can log into WordPress.com, then you already have a WordPress.com account. If you can’t, you can easily create one during installation.
How do I view my stats?
Once you’ve installed Jetpack your stats will be available on WordPress.com/Stats, on the official WordPress mobile apps, and on your Jetpack dashboard.
How do I contribute to Jetpack?
There are opportunities for developers at all levels to contribute. Learn more about contributing to Jetpack or consider joining our beta program.
- Release date: July 7, 2020
- Release post: https://wp.me/p1moTy-qiH
- When inserting images into your posts, you can now choose images from your Google Photos account, or from the Pexels Free Photos library.
- WhatsApp block: this new block adds a button so your site’s visitors can contact you via WhatsApp with the tap of a button.
- You can now import Twitter threads into a post with the click of a button.
- Jetpack Search now includes more options to customize the look of the Search overlay: you can choose between minimal and expanded results, you can hide the Sort option, or change the default sorting option.
- Jetpack Ads: you can now enable a “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link as specified in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) for California site visitors to opt-out of targeted advertising.
- Blocks: add more options to customize the look of the Payments block.
- Blocks: allowing playing a Jetpack video in the block editor.
- Blocks: add episode link and improve the look of the Podcast player when displaying only one episode.
- Blocks: add more customization options to the buttons offered by the following blocks: Calendly, Mailchimp, Eventbrite.
- Blocks: rename “Earn” blocks: “Simple Payments” becomes “Pay with Paypal”; “Recurring Payments” becomes “Payments”.
- Connection Flow: improve the display of connection errors when a site cannot be connected to WordPress.com.
- Contact Form: improve the “Empty Spam” process to better handle large amount of Spam.
- Jetpack Search: use the full width of the browser when the site does not use any Jetpack Search Sidebar.
- Related Posts: improve accessibility of the titles of each Related Post.
- Site Stats: improve accessibility of the Stats dashboard.
- Social Logos: update Facebook Logo design.
- Widgets: improve accessibility of the Contact Info Widget as well as the Blog Stats Widget.
- Widgets: improve performance of the Display Posts widget by fetching less data.
- Autoloader: improve the way Jetpack librairies are loaded when used in multiple plugins.
- Blocks: improve the display of the Tiled Gallery block when used with the AMP plugin.
- Custom Content Types: ensure that the Comic Post Type is compatible with the AMP plugin.
- Custom Content Types: allow third-party themes to enqueue their own Portfolio styles.
- Gravatar Hovercards: avoid validation errors when used with the AMP plugin.
- Open Graph Meta Tags: avoid displaying Jetpack’s Tags when the Rank Math plugin is active.
- Shortcodes / Embeds: ensure better compatibility of multiple embeds with the AMP plugin.
- Sharing: ensure that all button styles can be used with the AMP plugin.
- Sitemaps: avoid conflicts with the Sitemap option that will be available in the upcoming version of WordPress.
- WordPress.com Toolbar: ensure it is accessible when using the Twenty Twenty theme.
- WooCommerce: avoid broken resources when using the WooCommerce plugin alongside Jetpack.
- Blocks: avoid layout issues when using the Image Compare block alongside older themes.
- Blocks: ensure the Eventbrite button can be centered.
- Blocks: ensure the Podcast block can be loaded when the page is loaded via Infinite Scroll.
- Blocks: do not render the Slideshow block’s markup when no images have been added to the block.
- Blocks: avoid errors when one adds and edits 2 Image Compare Blocks in a single post.
- Blocks: fix Form block issues with checkbox fields not being checked by default when the option is selected.
- Blocks: add missing “Required” option to the Form block’s Checkbox field settings.
- Blocks: avoid caching results from the Latest Instagram Posts block when there are errors with the fetched data.
- Forms: improve accessibility of the “Required” text used in form fields.
- Image CDN: avoid using CDN image URL when inserting an image using the image block.
- Jetpack Search: load translations in the Search overlay on International sites.
- Publicize: avoid layout issues when displaying broken connections in the Publicize block toolbar.
- Sharing: avoid relying on jQuery for the official Facebook button.
- Shortcodes / Embeds: fix the Twitch embed according to new Twitch embed requirements.
- SEO Tools / Open Graph: improve cleaning up of description meta tags.
See the previous changelogs here.
Keep hackers out with brute force attack protection, malware scanning, spam filtering, and downtime monitoring. Secure your site data with on-demand backups and restores.
Load pages faster, and serve your images and static files from our massive global content delivery network.
Customize your website with professionally-designed WordPress themes, blocks, and widgets.
Promote your newest posts, pages, and products across your social media channels.