Security, performance, and site management: the best way to WordPress is with Jetpack.
24/7 Site Security
Jetpack is your site’s security detail, guarding you against brute-force attacks and unauthorized logins. Basic protection is always free, while premium plans add expanded backup and automated fixes. Jetpack’s full suite of site security tools include:
- Brute-force attack protection, spam filtering, and downtime monitoring.
- Backups of your entire site, either once daily or in real time.
- Secure login, with optional two-factor authentication.
- Malware scanning, code scanning, and automated threat resolution.
- A record of every change on your site to simplify troubleshooting.
- Fast, priority support from WordPress experts.
Activate site accelerator tools and watch your page load times and hosting costs drop — we’ll optimize your images and serve them from our own powerful global network, and speed up your mobile site to reduce bandwidth usage (and save money!). Connect Jetpack to take advantage of:
- Elasticsearch-powered related content and site search, for relevant results with no drain on your servers.
- Lazy image loading for a faster mobile experience.
- Unlimited and high-speed video via our content delivery network.
Effortless Site Management
Create and customize your WordPress site, optimize it for visitors and revenue, and enjoy watching your stats tick up. Built it, share it, and watch it grow with:
- Advanced site stats and analytics for understanding your audience.
- Hundreds of professional themes, for a pro site no matter what your niche.
- Intuitive and powerful customization tools to match your website to your brand.
- Simple PayPal payment buttons for selling products and services.
- SEO tools for Google, Bing, Twitter, Facebook, and WordPress.com to maximize your reach.
- An advertising program that includes the best of AdSense, Facebook Ads, AOL, Amazon, Google AdX, and Yahoo.
- Integration with the official WordPress mobile apps, to manage your site from anywhere.
We have a global team of Happiness Engineers ready to help you. Ask your questions in the support forum, or contact us directly.
Compare our simple and affordable plans or take a product tour to learn more.
Installation is free, quick, and easy. Install Jetpack from our site in minutes.
Installation is free, quick, and easy. Install Jetpack from our site in minutes.
Alternatively, install Jetpack via the plugin directory, or upload the files manually to your server and follow the on-screen instructions. If you need additional help read our detailed instructions.
Is Jetpack free?
Yes! Jetpack’s core features are and always will be free.
These include: site stats, a high-speed CDN for images, related posts, downtime monitoring, brute force attack protection, automated sharing to social networks, sidebar customization, and many more.
Should I purchase a paid plan?
Jetpack’s paid services include real-time backups, security scanning, premium themes, spam filtering, video hosting, site monetization, SEO tools, search, priority support, and more.
To learn more about the essential security and WordPress services we provide, visit our plan comparison page.
Why do I need a WordPress.com account?
Since Jetpack and its services are provided and hosted by WordPress.com, a WordPress.com account is required for Jetpack to function.
I already have a WordPress account, but Jetpack isn’t working. What’s going on?
A WordPress.com account is different from the account you use to log into your self-hosted WordPress. If you can log into WordPress.com, then you already have a WordPress.com account. If you can’t, you can easily create one during installation.
How do I view my stats?
Once you’ve installed Jetpack your stats will be available on WordPress.com/Stats, on the official WordPress mobile apps, and on your Jetpack dashboard.
How do I contribute to Jetpack?
There are opportunities for developers at all levels to contribute. Learn more about contributing to Jetpack or consider joining our beta program.
- Release date: June 4, 2019
- Release post: https://wp.me/p1moTy-jgZ
- About Page: remove submenu and add link to page in the footer of Jetpack’s dashboard.
- Admin Page: remove Themes card on Plans tab.
- Admin Page: consolidate the look of the different discussion settings.
- Admin Page: add Security Checklist information.
- Business Hours Block: improve the display of Business Hours.
- Business Hours Block: Simplify hours format.
- Comment Form: use HTTP 4xx status codes for comment errors.
- Contact Form Block: improve styles for better display on mobile devices.
- General: introduce a new Jetpack Logo package, to make it easier to share and re-use.
- Multisite: Use modern
wp_initialize_site hook when automatically connecting new sites.
- Recurring Payments Block: automatically add button to the post content once you create it.
- Recurring Payments Block: improve the display of the renewal frequency in button list.
- Recurring Payments Block: require a paid plan to use the button.
- Recurring Payments Block: improve the look of the payment modal on mobile devices.
- Search: add new option for cross-site search permissions.
- Sharing: update default sharing settings to include buttons.
- Sitemaps: rename the
jetpack_news_sitemap_generate filters to the more accurate
- Slideshow Block: depending on viewport, display prev/next arrows.
- Slideshow Block: remove outline when focussing on the block.
- Sync: offer posts, comments, and comment meta checksums when providing sync status.
- Tiled Galleries: add
srcset in the editor for an improved editing experience.
- WordPress.com Block Editor: allow managing reusable blocks in the WordPress.com interface.
- WordPress.com Toolbar: display hamburger icon in toolbar when in the block editor.
- WordPress.com Toolbar: display a link to exit recovery mode when it is active on the site.
- Display Posts Widget: remove overly opinionated CSS.
- General: Jetpack now requires PHP 5.3.2, and will display a notice if your site uses an older version of PHP.
- General: display a notice and log an error if your version of WordPress is not supported by Jetpack.
- General: Update
Jetpack::get_content_width() to ensure that only numeric values are used.
- GIF Block: improve compatibility with the AMP plugin.
- Shortcodes: bring more of our shortcodes to meet current WordPress Coding Standards to help us maintain these features in the future.
- Site Health: improve Jetpack errors’ messaging in WordPress’ new Site Health tools.
- Admin Page: make sure the Jetpack Dashboard is displayed properly in IE11.
- Admin Page: do not show Plugin Autoupdates card on admin searches.
- Carousel: avoid scrolling back to the top of the page when you close the Carousel view.
- Connect Flow: sanitize from parameter when building connection URL.
- Mobile Themes: fix “View Full Site” and “View Mobile Site” links when WordPress lives in a subdirectory.
- Recurring Payments Block: avoid invalid subscription amounts.
- Recurring Payments Block: allow line breaks in the payment button.
- Related Posts: do not add markup to attachment pages by default.
- SEO Tools: support taxonomy archive pages in page titles.
- Sharing: make sure the Whatsapp button works well in all browsers, including Firefox on desktop.
- Shortcodes: update embed type detection for Medium Collections.
- Social Icons SVG: switch to the presentation role for better accessibility.
- Subscriptions: display checkboxes above the comment submit button.
- Sync: add new WP Cli commands to help in monitoring and updating sync settings.
- Tracks: limit the length of the strings saved for feature searches.
- Unit Tests: add support for testing using VVV 3.0.
- Verification Tools: make sure the feature can be disabled by override.
- WooCommerce Analytics: remove duplicate self-executing anonymous function.
- WordPress.com Interface: make sure navigation menu items match the one available in the WordPress.com interface.
- WordPress.com Toolbar: restore the previous layout.
- WordPress.com Toolbar: ensure you are properly logged out of your WordPress.com account when you sign out of your site using the toolbar.
- WP Cli: ensure that WP Cli commands added by Jetpack include translator comments when necessary, to help with translations.
See the previous changelogs here.
Keep hackers out with brute force attack protection, malware scanning, spam filtering, and downtime monitoring. Secure your site data with on-demand backups and restores.
Load pages faster, and serve your images and static files from our massive global content delivery network.
Customize your website with professionally-designed WordPress themes, blocks, and widgets.
Promote your newest posts, pages, and products across your social media channels.