Security, performance, and site management: the best way to WordPress is with Jetpack.
24/7 Site Security
Jetpack is your site’s security detail, guarding you against brute-force attacks and unauthorized logins. Basic protection is always free, while premium plans add expanded backup and automated fixes. Jetpack’s full suite of site security tools include:
- Brute-force attack protection, spam filtering, and downtime monitoring.
- Backups of your entire site, either once daily or in real time.
- Secure login, with optional two-factor authentication.
- Malware scanning, code scanning, and automated threat resolution.
- A record of every change on your site to simplify troubleshooting.
- Fast, priority support from WordPress experts.
Activate site accelerator tools and watch your page load times and hosting costs drop — we’ll optimize your images and serve them from our own powerful global network, and speed up your mobile site to reduce bandwidth usage (and save money!). Connect Jetpack to take advantage of:
- Elasticsearch-powered related content and site search, for relevant results with no drain on your servers.
- Lazy image loading for a faster mobile experience.
- Unlimited and high-speed video via our content delivery network.
Effortless Site Management
Create and customize your WordPress site, optimize it for visitors and revenue, and enjoy watching your stats tick up. Built it, share it, and watch it grow with:
- Advanced site stats and analytics for understanding your audience.
- Hundreds of professional themes, for a pro site no matter what your niche.
- Intuitive and powerful customization tools to match your website to your brand.
- Simple PayPal payment buttons for selling products and services.
- SEO tools for Google, Bing, Twitter, Facebook, and WordPress.com to maximize your reach.
- An advertising program that includes the best of AdSense, Facebook Ads, AOL, Amazon, Google AdX, and Yahoo.
- Integration with the official WordPress mobile apps, to manage your site from anywhere.
We have a global team of Happiness Engineers ready to help you. Ask your questions in the support forum, or contact us directly.
Compare our simple and affordable plans or take a product tour to learn more.
Installation is free, quick, and easy. Install Jetpack from our site in minutes.
Installation is free, quick, and easy. Install Jetpack from our site in minutes.
Alternatively, install Jetpack via the plugin directory, or upload the files manually to your server and follow the on-screen instructions. If you need additional help read our detailed instructions.
Is Jetpack free?
Yes! Jetpack’s core features are and always will be free.
These include: site stats, a high-speed CDN for images, related posts, downtime monitoring, brute force attack protection, automated sharing to social networks, sidebar customization, and many more.
Should I purchase a paid plan?
Jetpack’s paid services include real-time backups, security scanning, premium themes, spam filtering, video hosting, site monetization, SEO tools, search, priority support, and more.
To learn more about the essential security and WordPress services we provide, visit our plan comparison page.
Why do I need a WordPress.com account?
Since Jetpack and its services are provided and hosted by WordPress.com, a WordPress.com account is required for Jetpack to function.
I already have a WordPress account, but Jetpack isn’t working. What’s going on?
A WordPress.com account is different from the account you use to log into your self-hosted WordPress. If you can log into WordPress.com, then you already have a WordPress.com account. If you can’t, you can easily create one during installation.
How do I view my stats?
Once you’ve installed Jetpack your stats will be available on WordPress.com/Stats, on the official WordPress mobile apps, and on your Jetpack dashboard.
How do I contribute to Jetpack?
There are opportunities for developers at all levels to contribute. Learn more about contributing to Jetpack or consider joining our beta program.
- Release date: April 02, 2019
- Release post: https://wp.me/p1moTy-foe
- Adds a Repeat Visitor block that controls block visibility based on how often a visitor has viewed the page.
- New option to disable Ads blocks for visitors on mobile devices.
- Admin Dashboard: improve text and design to make your administration experience all the better.
- Jumpstart: streamline what features are suggested to be activated when setting up Jetpack for the first time.
- Password Checker: adds a password checker class that will help Jetpack let you know if you’re using a weak password. More about this coming in a future release!
- Plans: refactor how Jetpack Plans are coded within Jetpack to improve performance and help prevent any future bugs.
- Post Images: provide the image itself when requesting an attachment’s post image.
- REST API: Enable Likes and Sharing meta field for all post types.
- Related Posts: improve HTML markup for related posts, with emphasis on accessibility.
- Search: add an easy way to see the raw Jetpack Search query results in the search page’s source code.
- Shortcodes: allow links in Quiz shortcode explanations.
- Widgets: improve the text for the Blog Stats widget when stats data can not be retrieved from WordPress.com.
- General: require WordPress 5.0! To celebrate, we cleaned out some compatibility code that supported older versions. We know how to party.
- General: update various parts of Jetpack to fully align with WordPress coding standards to make developing Jetpack easier!
- Connection: notify site owners when a plugin or theme is double-encoding URL redirects.
- Shortcodes: update the Ustream shortcode to use the HTML5 player for a better experience on all browsers.
- Shortcodes: add AMP support for Crowdsignal polls and shortcodes.
- Sitemaps: add thumbnails to video sitemaps to improve compatibility with Google Search Console. Props Adam Heckler!
- Sync: improve performance when using the VIP Legacy Redirect plugin.
- Twenty Nineteen Compatibility: prevent sharing buttons overlapping with the Like button. Props Torres!
- VideoPress: update right-to-left language CSS to remove extra styles only used on browsers no longer supported.
- Widgets: improve rendering of Contact Info widget map when using the AMP plugin.
- Admin Dashboard: fix an error that you’d see in the console when changing your Carousel settings.
- Blocks: fix an issue where sometimes we would attempt to register a particular block twice. I’m looking at you, Related Posts.
- Blocks: display all Business Hours details, even if they’re the default set.
- Blocks: fix an error that occurred when loading some translations in the Block Editor.
- Blocks: resolve a conflict between the Ads block and infinite scroll that would cause new posts to sometimes not load.
- General: ensure the proper Jetpack plan is reflected throughout Jetpack and the administrative dashboard.
- Plugin Search: display Akismet and VaultPress plugin cards when WordPress.org suggests them.
- Related Posts: restore use of the jetpack_relatedposts_filter_options filter.
- Security: Improvements to the Likes feature and the Slideshow block.
- Sharing: update WhatsApp to be more consistent with the other sharing buttons.
- Shortcodes: remove Lytro service, which closed in March.
- Stats: properly handle an error from the REST API that sometimes caused issues with the Stats Dashboard.
- Widgets: display all characters in an address from Contact Info correctly when sometimes we encoded those that we’d expect in an URL.
See the previous changelogs here.
Security: Protection against brute force attacks, spam, and malware. On-demand backups and restores.
Downtime Monitoring: Know right away if and when your site goes down.
Performance: Free high-speed content delivery network for your images.
Analytics: Concise site stats and traffic insights.
Themes: Hundreds of customizable, professional themes.
Apps: Update your site from any device with the free WordPress apps.
Revenue: Sell products and take payments with simple payment buttons.
Sharing: Connect your site to social networks for automated social sharing.