Security, performance, and site management: the best way to WordPress is with Jetpack.
24/7 Site Security
Jetpack is your site’s security detail, guarding you against brute-force attacks and unauthorized logins. Basic protection is always free, while premium plans add expanded backup and automated fixes. Jetpack’s full suite of site security tools include:
- Brute-force attack protection, spam filtering, and downtime monitoring.
- Backups of your entire site, either once daily or in real time.
- Secure login, with optional two-factor authentication.
- Malware scanning, code scanning, and automated threat resolution.
- A record of every change on your site to simplify troubleshooting.
- Fast, priority support from WordPress experts.
Activate site accelerator tools and watch your page load times decrease — we’ll optimize your images and serve them from our own powerful global network, and speed up your mobile site to reduce bandwidth usage (and save money!). Connect Jetpack to take advantage of:
- Elasticsearch-powered related content and site search, for relevant results with no drain on your servers.
- Lazy load images for a faster mobile experience.
- Unlimited and high-speed video via our content delivery network.
Effortless Site Management
Create and customize your WordPress site, optimize it for visitors and revenue, and enjoy watching your stats tick up. Built it, share it, and watch it grow with:
- Advanced site stats and analytics for understanding your audience.
- Hundreds of professional themes, for a pro site no matter what your niche.
- Intuitive and powerful customization tools to match your website to your brand.
- Simple PayPal payment buttons for selling products and services.
- SEO tools for Google, Bing, Twitter, Facebook, and WordPress.com to maximize your reach.
- An advertising program that includes the best of AdSense, Facebook Ads, AOL, Amazon, Google AdX, and Yahoo.
- Integration with the official WordPress mobile apps, to manage your site from anywhere.
We have a global team of Happiness Engineers ready to help you. Ask your questions in the support forum, or contact us directly.
Compare our simple and affordable plans or take a product tour to learn more.
Installation is free, quick, and easy. Install Jetpack from our site in minutes.
Installation is free, quick, and easy. Install Jetpack from our site in minutes.
Alternatively, install Jetpack via the plugin directory, or upload the files manually to your server and follow the on-screen instructions. If you need additional help read our detailed instructions.
Is Jetpack free?
Yes! Jetpack’s core features are and always will be free.
These include: site stats, a high-speed CDN for images, related posts, downtime monitoring, brute force attack protection, automated sharing to social networks, sidebar customization, and many more.
Should I purchase a paid plan?
Jetpack’s paid services include real-time backups, security scanning, premium themes, spam filtering, video hosting, site monetization, SEO tools, search, priority support, and more.
To learn more about the essential security and WordPress services we provide, visit our plan comparison page.
Why do I need a WordPress.com account?
Since Jetpack and its services are provided and hosted by WordPress.com, a WordPress.com account is required for Jetpack to function.
I already have a WordPress account, but Jetpack isn’t working. What’s going on?
A WordPress.com account is different from the account you use to log into your self-hosted WordPress. If you can log into WordPress.com, then you already have a WordPress.com account. If you can’t, you can easily create one during installation.
How do I view my stats?
Once you’ve installed Jetpack your stats will be available on WordPress.com/Stats, on the official WordPress mobile apps, and on your Jetpack dashboard.
How do I contribute to Jetpack?
There are opportunities for developers at all levels to contribute. Learn more about contributing to Jetpack or consider joining our beta program.
- Release date: September 16, 2020
- Jetpack Dashboard: add support for new Jetpack plans.
- General: avoid deprecation PHP notices when used with WooCommerce 4.4+.
- Image CDN: avoid PHP warning when replacing URLs by their image CDN equivalent.
- REST API: avoid authentication issues when using a third-party plugin also using the REST API.
- Search: fix a bug where no results appear when using Jetpack’s Instant Search interface.
- Site Health Tools: skip a connection status test when in offline mode.
- Release date: September 1, 2020
- Release post: https://wp.me/p1moTy-rAs
- The new Donations Block allows you to easily accept and process donations on your site.
- You can now preview how your posts will look on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Search Results even before you hit the Publish button.
- Blocks: add “Edit” button to the Calendly block toolbar.
- Blocks: add new “Consent” field option to the Form block.
- Connection: improve the reconnection process when your site is not properly connected to WordPress.com anymore.
- Connection: improve messaging offered and displayed in the dashboard when there are connection issues between your site and WordPress.com.
- Contact Form: put feedback that matches the disallowed list in trash.
- Dashboard: improved legibility across all Jetpack interfaces.
- External Media: improve keyboard navigation in the media modal.
- External Media: offer a way to disconnect Google Photos accounts from within the media modal.
- Sharing: add spacing around customization link.
- Search: improve styling of expanded results in the Instant Search interface.
- Shortcodes: remove jQuery dependency from Gist shortcode.
- Anti-Spam: better handle globally-configured Akismet API keys in the Jetpack dashboard.
- Blocks: update to use latest colors defined by WordPress.
- Blocks: ensure our External Media option is compatible with other plugins that also make changes to the Media Library options in the block editor.
- Connection: ensure better compatibility of the Monitor, Protect, Secure Sign In, Stats, and Subscription features with your site’s connection to WordPress.com.
- General: remove references to pre-PHP 5.6 code.
- Sharing: improve accessibility of the sharing butttons in AMP views.
- Shortcode Embeds: ensure compatibility of the Instagram embeds with upcoming Instagram API changes.
- Third-party plugin compatibility: add new compatibility file for the Creative Mail plugin.
- Third-party plugin compatibility: add Slim SEO to the list of plugins compatible with Jetpack’s Open Graph and Twitter Cards Meta tags.
- Autoloader: avoid issues when updating plugins using the Autoloader in environments using OPCache.
- Autoloader: remove the map regeneration that occurs after a plugin update.
- Activity Log: ensure that theme changes are mentioned in the Activity Log.
- Blocks: ensure alignment options are respected for the Video block in the editor.
- Blocks: avoid accidental disconnections of the Payments block in the editor.
- Blocks: bug fixes and improvement of consistency of block style implementation in the OpenTable block.
- Blocks: avoid duplicate navigation arrows in the Slideshow block.
- CLI tools: avoid notices when using Synchronization CLI tools.
- Connection: ensure that secondary users can connect their own account to their WordPress.com account.
- Dashboard: fix missing card for Backups in some error cases.
- Protect: avoid displaying HTML markup on blocked login screen.
- Protect: avoid Fatal errors when trying to update Protect options from the REST API.
- Search: ensure that Instant Search options are properly saved in the Customizer.
- Search: avoid errors when searching for a term and including the “%” symbol.
- Shortcodes: avoid Fatal errors when receiving unexpected response from Flickr.
- Theme Tools: resolve a PHP notice in PHP 7.4.
- Video: ensure that videos uploaded with Jetpack Videos are assigned to the correct author.
- Widgets: ensure that the Instagram Widget is properly styled when previewed in the customizer.
- Widgets: do not hide accepted cookie widget to allow visual customization in the Customizer.
See the previous changelogs here.
Keep hackers out with brute force attack protection, malware scanning, spam filtering, and downtime monitoring. Secure your site data with on-demand backups and restores.
Load pages faster, and serve your images and static files from our massive global content delivery network.
Customize your website with professionally-designed WordPress themes, blocks, and widgets.
Promote your newest posts, pages, and products across your social media channels.