Translate WordPress plugins and themes directly in your browser
Loco Translate provides in-browser editing of WordPress translation files.
It also provides localization tools for developers, such as extracting strings and generating templates.
The PO file editor supports the following keyboard shortcuts for faster translating:
Shift Ctrl ↓
Shift Ctrl ↑
Shift Ctrl I
Mac users can use ⌘ Cmd instead of Ctrl.
Translators: To translate a theme into your language, follow these steps:
+ New languageand follow the on-screen prompts.
Developers: To translate your own theme or plugin for distribution, follow these steps:
languagessubdirectory in your bundle’s root directory
+ Create templateand follow the on-screen prompts to extract your strings.
+ New languageand follow the on-screen prompts to add your own translations.
More information on using the plugin is available here.
Please visit the FAQs page on our website for the most common issues.
Try our Guides and Tutorials.
If you have a problem using Loco Translate, please try our help pages.
There’s a lot of information there to help you understand how it works and the most common pitfalls to avoid.
To report a bug please start a new topic in the support forum,
but please check the FAQs for similar issues first.
If you decide to submit a bug report please post enough relevant detail for us to reproduce your issue.
We don’t collect your data or snoop on you. See the plugin privacy notice.
* Fixed mapping of some API languages
* Added locale filter to user preferences
* Added debugging for credential form failures
* Fixed deprecated use of array_key_exists
* Added DeepL API service provider
* Improved script tampering detection
* Bumped WordPress version to 5.5
* Added “modern” skin styles
* Added support for third party translation APIs
* Added file references to editor source pane in code view
* Added fuzzy matching during editor Sync operation
* Style changes including rearrangement of editor buttons
* Elevated warnings when scripts are tampered with
* Removed remnants of legacy version 1.x
Project-Id-Versionon new POT files
fs_protectsetting to avoid overwriting system files
loco_allow_remotefilter for debugging remote problems