Custom WordPress navmenu specifically designed for the Elementor Page Builder – Now with Site Branding options, search box, basic MegaMenu and Fullscreen Menu Overlay
- Currently both the Overlay and MegaMenu content are not viewable while in Edit Mode – this is due to both having an on.Click event to display content which does not seem to work in the Editor.
- For the time being, any changes made to both of the above can be viewed on the frontend of the site. A fix is being sought and will be implemented as soon as a viable solution is found!
- These instructions assumes you already have a WordPress site and the Elementor plugin installed and activated. Also, it is assumed that you already have at least a menu created.
- Install using the WordPress built-in Plugin installer, or Extract the zip file and drop the contents in the
wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to Pages > Add New
- While in the Elementor Editor, drag and drop the NavMenu widget to the location of your choice
- Configure as desired and save.
- Done! Enjoy 🙂
I’ve added the menu element but I do not see the menus in the dropdown box
Make sure that you have created your menus under Appearance >> Menus
In the Branding module, I’ve selected the logo but it does not appear
Make sure a) your theme supports the custom logo options and b) that a logo has been set in the theme’s customizer.
How do I make a split navigation with the Site title/logo in the middle?
a: Go to Appearance >> Menus (if not already done so) and create two sets of menus – for brevity will call them Left Menu and Right Menu
b: Go to create a page (if not already done so), give it a title say Navigation Bar 1 and click Edit with Elementor. It is recommended to use a blank template for this – if your theme does not have you can use the Page Template plugin.
c: In the Edit mode insert a 3 column section into the page, adjust the middle column to be slight narrower than the 2 outer ones.
e: Drag and drop the NavMenu widget in to each of the outer columns and adjust setting as desired. Now drag and drop the Branding element into the middle column – adjust settings accordingly and save.
1.1.6 – 2018-12-10
1.1.5 – 2018-11-29
- Fix possible issue with multiple notices
1.1.4 – 2018-11-27
1.1.3 – 2018-11-27
- Add notice for recommended theme
1.1.2 – 2017-11-27
- Fix TGM strings for recommended plugins.
1.1.1 – 2017-11-16
- Add recommendation for Elementor Addons & Widgets.
- Tested up to 4.9.
1.1.0 – 2017-09-28
- Added Themeisle SDK.
- Added Continuous Integration.
- Changed contributors.
- FIXED: Missing widget icon due to updated icons in Elementor
- FIXED: Disbaled the _content_template() functions as they are not in use.
- TWEAK: Moved Branding and Search widgets into their own modules for future enhancements
- FIXED: Bug on the new UI column selectors in Elementor V1.5.0 – removed the z-index hack as this will now be taken care of by core!
- FIXED: Fatal error when active theme is Element Theme!
- NEW: Added options for alignment and padding for submenu items
- FIXED: Bug that cause drop down menu to fall behind elements in some designs.
- Enhanced and improved how menus are styled.
- Changed behavior of dropdown menu floats – by default they now float to the right. So left and center aligned menu will float right and right aligned menus will float left.
- NEW: Added option for mobile menu item alignment.
- NEW: Added background setting for the navbar
- NEW: Added a Fullscreen Overlay Menu
- NEW: Added a search box widget – this is still a work in progress
- NEW: Added a basic MegaMenu options
- TWEAKES: Added and tweaked some styling options for the Default NavMenu module.
- NEW: Revised the plugin structure to me more modular and facilitate more element additions.
- NEW: Created a plugin specific elements category.
- NEW: Added option to select a menu location (up to 2) with both being mobile ready!
- NEW: Added a site branding module – you can now insert either the Site Title or the set Custom Logo in your headers.
- TWEAKS: Tiny but significant tweaks to make the whole experience more user friendly 🙂
Header With Twin Navigation.
Fullscreen Overlay Menu
MegaMenu Structure On the Menu edit screen.