Post cloner allows you to easily make complete duplicates of any post on your site. That includes posts, pages and custom post types.
Post Cloner will create a quick to access action button on the post/page edit screen alongside ‘Edit’, ‘Quick Edit’, ‘Trash’ and ‘View’.
All cloned posts, pages and custom post types will have ‘- Clone’ appended to the end of their title. All cloned posts, pages and custom post types will also be set to draft so they don’t appear anywhere on your site until you decide to publish them.
- Clone posts, pages and custom post types
- Full control over what is clone-able (Example: Enable cloning pages but disabled for posts)
- Works with Easy Digital Downloads
- Complete clone of posts/pages including taxonomies and meta data (includes featured images, categories, tags and any custom metadata assigned to the post/page/custom post type)
- Lightweight, compact solution
- Nonce checks implemented for security
- High quality code adhering to WordPress Coding Standards
You need to make sure that your permalinks are set to anything but the default inside of
Settings > Permalinks. Once the permalinks are changed from the defaults you should have no problem changing the permlink of your page.
Yes! We’ve built out a settings page (
'Settings > WP Post Cloner') where you can specify which post types are cloneable. By default only pages and posts are active. You can add or remove any registered post type on your site.
You need to ensure that you’ve assigned the psot type as ‘clone-able’ on the settings page. Head into
'Settings > WP Post cloner' and click inside the input field to reveal a full list of registered post types. You’ll want to make sure that your custom post type appears on this list.
Yes! We’ve built in full support for taxonomies and meta data for default posts, pages and even custom post types that may be specific to your theme or created via third party plugins.