Wholesome Publishing brings some wholesome editing features to the WordPress Block Editor (Gutenberg).
- Ability to add threaded comments to individual blocks.
- Ability to mark a block as draft, so that it does not appear on the front end.
To install Wholesome Publishing:
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/wholesome-publishing directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
Avatars are not showing next to my comments
- Ensure you have turned on
Show Avatars from the WordPress dashboard
Settings > Discussion panel.
- Ensure you have registered an Avatar for your email address at Gravatar.
- Bug Fix: Fixes an issue that only let administrators add and view block comments.
- Bug Fix: Fixes an issue that caused the draft block toggle panel to close when using the toggle.
- Feature: Better comment highlighting when a block is selected.
- Bug Fix: Issue with translations not being picked up.
Screenshot of block comments
Screenshot of draft blocks
Adding a block comment
Adding a threaded reply to a block comment
Edit your own comments, blocks are highlighted when you select a comment
Creating a block and setting it to draft