Connect with your website visitors for free with the WP-Live Chat plugin by 3CX. With more than 1,900,000 downloads, WP-Live Chat is the most popular, effective and reliable live chat plugins for WordPress. Watch your conversions sky rocket by communicating directly with your website visitors in real-time.
- No hidden costs, it’s free
- Unlimited agents
- Live chat with your website visitors
- Transfer chats to another agents
- Set up departments
- Easy to use interface for both the admin and the visitor
- Ability to edit text fields and colors of the chat box
- Users can drag the live chat box around their page
- Create a custom offline message form when agents are offline
- Storage of offline messages when plugin is switched off
- Fully customizable
- Apply animations to the chat window
- Access historical live chat records
- Use of 3CX Live Chat Servers for sending and receiving chats at lightning fast speeds
- 3CX integration for access to advanced features like video and audio chats as well as other enterprise level features
- Compatible with translation plugins
- Add surveys or polls to your chat box
- Anonymity for your visitors
- Automatic pop-up of chat box
- Ability to only show the chat box to registered users
- Compatible with all caching plugins (live chat window loaded via Ajax)
- Desktop Notifications when a new live chat comes in
- View missed live chats
- Set the starting position of your chat box
- Comprehensive list of live chat options
- Enable/Disable the sound when a new live chat message is received
- Ban visitors from chatting to you based on IP Address
- Select whether Name and Email is required when users initiate a chat
- Quick Responses (insert a predefined response to your live chat box)
- Data triggers (time trigger, scroll trigger, page trigger, on page leave trigger)
- Enterprise level chat reports
- Elevate chat to Video or Audio call.
- Apps for iOS & Android, desktop and web.
- Customer satisfaction ratings for each chat session
- Add your company logo to the live chat window
- Add your photo to the live chat window
- Include/exclude the live chat from appearing on certain pages
- Choose when to accept chats
Get WP-Live Chat by 3CX for free!
30 seconds live chat installation
Our live chat plugin instantly gives you the ability to chat directly with existing or potential customers and website visitors in real-time. Agents can initiate a live chat with a visitor or vice versa. Increase your website conversion rates by providing real time live support and assistance.
Once the live chat plugin is activated, click on “Live Chat” in the left menu navigation. As soon as a visitor lands on your website, their details will be displayed in the live chat control panel. A live chat box will be displayed on their screen. If they fill out their details and click “Start chat”, a ringing sound will trigger in your live chat control panel. Once you accept the chat, you can converse with your visitor.
Using WP-Live Chat by 3CX effectively on your website
One of the most important tasks is to convert visitors into customers. Whether that’s by filling in your contact form or using your free trial, conversions matter. A lot. What better way to make sure you don’t lose a potential customer than by conversing with them real-time, while they’re still on your site.
- Easy and convenient for visitors
- Live chat build rapport with your potential customers
- Increase sales
- No hidden fees. It’s free
- Reduce costs by using live chat on your website with minimum staff
- Learn to understand the pain points of your customers
Have the choice to use your website or our server to host your live chat
You now have the choice to host your live chat on either your own website (using your own resources) or our live chat server (using our resources). Making use of our live chat server will improve your chat’s performance by up to 300% and reduce the load on your host.
External/3rd Party Services
WP-Live Chat by 3CX makes use of the external services listed below in order to add functionality to the plugin and enrich the user experience.
WP Live Chat Activation API & Chat Server Selector (https://wplc.3cx.net) (Required)
Gravatar (https://en.gravatar.com/) (Required)
UI Avatars (https://ui-avatars.com/) (Required)
Notification Sounds (https://notificationsounds.com/) (Required)
- English (3CX Team)
- Italian (3CX Team)
- Hebrew (strelok89)
- Korean (taehwilee)
- Once activated, click the “Live Chat” link under your settings tabs.
- Go to any page on your site and initiate a chat.
I’ve installed the live chat plugin, now what?
Once installed and activated, a link should appear in your left navigation panel within your WP-ADMIN section. Click on the “Live Chat” link and follow the on screen instructions.
Where can I find documentation for WP-Live Chat by 3CX?
Please review the live chat documentation on our website.
Does WP-Live Chat by 3CX connect to a third party server?
By default, yes, it connects to our own prioprietory Live Chat Servers to ensure high speed chat delivery & our activation server for automatic license provisioning. The plugin can be ran in on-premise mode which uses your own installation as the chat server, in this case, only the activation server is contacted.
What are desktop notifications?
Desktop notifications are notifications that will appear on the bottom right of your screen when a new live chat is received. This feature is supported in all browsers except Microsoft Edge.
Can my visitors start a live chat without entering their name and email address?
Yes. This option is available on the live chat settings page.
How does WP-Live Chat by 3CX notify me of an incoming live chat?
You will be notificed of a new live chat by means of email, audio and desktop notifications.
Can I see if I missed any live chats that I may not have answered in time?
Yes. To view the list of live chats you missed, go to ‘Live Chat’ -> ‘Chat History’
If you’re experiencing issues running WP-Live Chat by 3CX, please take note of the following:
- Clear your browser cache & cookies.
- Uninstall all old versions of the plugin and install the latest.
If the live chat box still does not appear on your website, please go through the following steps:
- If you need more help, please use the support forum
9.0.12 – 2020-07-31
- Fix utf8 encoding on settings json.
9.0.11 – 2020-07-30
- Fix error on update plugin process.
9.0.10 – 2020-07-29
- Fix mixed content issues on visitors’ chat.
9.0.9 – 2020-07-29
- Fix avatar broken image.
- Added chat notifications ringtone and browser notification when not live chat window is active ( available only with 3CX servers usage ).
- Added font, isolated from external css, on visitor’s chat.
- Fix offline message bug on 3CX PBX Integration mode.
- Added support of setting up texts in settings on 3CX PBX Integration mode.
9.0.8 – 2020-07-28
- Fix bug on display business hours.
- Added message on agent’s chat view when chat is offline due to business hours settings.
- Fix bug on agent’s chats list with broken image link.
- Fix chat notifications ringtone and browser notification.
9.0.6 – 2020-07-27
- Fix bug which appears when visitor had multiple active tabs with active chat.
- Fix bug “TcxFa is not defined” on websites front end.
- Fix broken image after remove logo in settings.
- Fix display of pages without title in settings lists.
- Fix “Current activity” counter on dashboard.
- Improved 3CX Chat server functionality.
9.0.5 – 2020-07-22
- Fix bug responsible for faulty roles migration from older version.
- Fix chat list rendering on agent online – offline toggle.
9.0.4 – 2020-07-21
- Fix UTF8 characters on settings.
- Fix bug on ajax calls due to trailing slash.
- Fix bug on received files load on chat client.
- Added missing functions prefix to isolate them from external calls.
9.0.3 – 2020-07-20
- Fix font-awesome icons conflict with other themes and/or plugins.
- Fix bug which creates interferences in post pages with checkboxes.
- Fix broken font-family on chat client.
9.0.2 – 2020-07-17
- Fix validation error texts.
- Fix activation process after update from old version.
9.0.1 – 2020-07-17
- Fix warning about PHP constants for PHP versions older than 5.6
- Changed default chat height to 50% from 70%
9.0.0 – 2020-07-17
- Full plugin refactor with NEW component based software architecture.
- Added new 3CX cloud chat servers integration.
- Added new feature for integration with 3CX PBX.
- Added new first time usage “Getting start” wizard.
- Added validations and conflicts checks in the plugin’s settings.
- New chat client for visitors developed with Vue js web component.
- New agent chat interface unified for both on-Premise and 3CX cloud chat servers.
- Tools, Webhooks, Departments and Custom fields management moved under new section.
- New improved setup process for business hours.
- New improved setup process for page base settings like “Excluded chat pages”.
- New chat server for on-premise installations with significantly reduced ajax requests quantity and footprint.
- Missed chats and History moved to new section Chat History with search functionality.
- Removed GDPR search functionality.
- Removed Triggers functionality.
- Removed all actions and filters.
- Removed ready to use themes functionality.
8.2.0 – 2020-07-11
- Fixed VULN: Fixed XSS vulnerability within quick responses in agent chat.
- Fixed VULN: Fixed XSS vulnerability within posts and pages render in agent direct to page modal.
8.1.9 – 2020-06-09
- Bugfix: Fixed chat icon url on admin.
- Bugfix: Custom theme colors.
8.1.8 – 2020-05-28
- Bugfix: Offline messages delete not worked
- Bugfix: Load bootstrap js sourcemap failed
- Bugfix: Urls Fixed for linux compatibility
8.1.7 – 2020-02-05
- Bugfix: added some missing translation strings
- Bugfix: HTML email body in auto responder not parsed correctly
- Improvement: added “Debug mode”, extra logs added to PHP error log
- Improvement: reduced ajax requests footprint, removing unneeded fields
- Improvement: added confirmation for history delete
8.1.6 – 2020-01-16
- Bugfix: more optimizations to avoid lots of 403 errors when PHP session expires
- Bugfix: custom style color picker adds an extra # breaking color code
- Improvement: improved performance in some timed events
Customer UI of WP-Live Chat by 3CX
Live Chat Agent UI of WP-Live Chat by 3CX
Dashboard with Chat Statistics available in WP-Live Chat by 3CX
Live Chat Management UI for Agents in WP-Live Chat by 3CX
Settings page in WP-Live Chat by 3CX
Chatbox Style Customization for WP-Live Chat by 3CX