Email Templates is a WordPress plugin that allows you to customize your WooCommerce and WordPress website’s default transactional email designs and templates.
The easy-to-use editor lets you choose a template style, and you can customize it by adding a logo or text, changing colors, and editing the footer.
Why use Email templates for your WordPress/WooCommerce website?
- Live preview your WordPress and WooCommerce emails
- Customize emails to match your brand’s color theme
- Customize your email’s heading, subtitle, and body text (including header and footer text)
- Choose from a variety of template styles
- Configure settings like the sender’s name and email address
- Send test emails to the administrator’s email address
- View your WooCommerce order emails or choose to view a mockup template.
- Select email type from a dropdown list – New order, canceled order, customer processing order, customer completed order, customer refunded order, customer on-hold order, customer invoice, failed order, new account, customer note, reset password.
- Each email type has a default email template and template settings
- Import/export custom style settings
- Send preview email after importing custom style settings
Compatible with Post SMTP Mailer/Email Log – Best Mail SMTP For WP
PostSMTP is a next-generation WP Mail SMTP plugin that assists and improves the email deliverability process of your WordPress website.
Easy-to-use and reliable – 300,000+ customers trust Post SMTP Mailer to send their daily WordPress emails to millions of users worldwide.
Email Templates Features
WordPress Email Template – General Settings
- Choose the size of your email template (boxed or full-width)
- Add custom CSS to your email template
- Choose the background color for your email template
- Resize the body of the email box using a slider
WordPress Email Template – Header Settings
- Add an image to your email template’s header
- Add text and color to your email header.
- Choose an alignment for the email’s header (Left, Center, Right)
- Increase or decrease the size of the text in the header.
WordPress Email Template – Email Body Settings
- Set a background color for the email body
- Set a text color for links in the email body
WordPress Email Template – Footer Settings
- Edit the text on the email footer
- Choose an alignment for the email footer (Left, Center, Right)
- Set a background color for the email footer
- Resize the footer text using a slider
- Set the color of the text on the footer
- Enable/disable the link to the plugin page (Powered by)
Help with translations
Send your translations to Transifex
Currently Available in:
Collaborate in Github
- Upload the plugin in /wp-admin/plugin-install.php
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Click on Email Templates -> “WordPress Email” to start editing
- Click on Email Templates -> “WooCommerce Email” to start editing
How to add a custom template?
Copy the templates folder into your theme, then in functions.php add the following:
return get_stylesheet_directory() . '/admin/templates/default.php';
- Added toggle switch for users who don’t want to use the default WooCommerce template.
- Fixed WooCommerce required error.
- NEW – Design/Customize WooCommerce emails.
- NEW – Added Live preview your WooCommerce emails.
- Emails not being send when multiple emails where being sent at the same time
- Support for multiple templates PR #29
- Fix Increase priority for the preview template
- Fixed css width
- new filter for default message
- Only filter non html messages
- Fixed bug introduced on 1.3.1
- Security fix to prevent html injection
- Filter attributes for images
- Instead of multiple filters we now just modify wp_mail to make plugin more compatible
with transactional mail plugins
- Fixed issue with maxwith not working on certain installs.
- Fixed issue with boxed layout
- Added image support in header text
- Fixed issue with spaces on gravity forms ( gravity plugin needs to be >= 126.96.36.199 )
- Added shortcode support in header/footer
- Header text now it’s used for alt image when using images
- Fixed bug where image was not responsive on mobile devices
- Added custom css support on template section
- Added link color in body section
- Updated templates with changes above
- Mailgun / sengrid integration
- Added body size to template section
- Leaving emtpty from name & from email will let you use other plugins settings now
- Logo alt text is now site description by default
- Removed other panels showing on email templates customizer
- Removed email templates panel from normal customizer
- Fixed woocommerce preview link
- Fixed bug with some links missing or not clickable
- Added more languages and updated some
- Added more action hooks for devs
- Remove “powered by” by default
- Updated languages
- Fixed bug with powered by still showing on some mail clients
- Added new languages
- Added Postman SMTP compatibility
- Added WP SMTP compatibility
- Added Easy WP SMTP compatibility
- Added Easy SMTP Mail compatibility
- Fixed bug with wpmandrill
- Added chinese, spanish and portuguese languages
- Added new font size control
- WooCommerce Integration
- Easy Digital Downloads Integration
- Added Email body settings
- Fixed email link on retrieve password emails from WP
- Bug – Template is cached to avoid issues when sending multiple emails
- Added fallback text email for non html email clients and to improve inbox hits
- Added site url to the logo/text logo in header
- Fixed some typos in descriptions
- Added Emails templates menu using add_submenu_page