Most robust and powerful file manager for wordpress. You can upload, delete, copy, move, rename, archive, extract files. You don’t need to worry about ftp any more. It is realy simple and easy to use.
Just install the plugin following standard wordpress plugin install process. All the file management in one place.
Extend File Manager with tons of features and priority support.
Documentation See detail documentation here.
Get Express Support Open a support ticket to get support quickly.
- Uploaded file to appropriate directory will automatically synchronized to media library. (since 5.1.8)
- Automatic media sync
- Upload, Download and Delete operations
- All operations with files and folders (copy, move, upload, create folder/file, rename, archive, extract, edit, etc.)
- Download, upload, cut, copy, duplicate, paste, delete, create directory, create file, edit file, rename, archive, extract
- Light and Elegant client UI
- Drag & Drop file upload support
- List and Icons view available
- Alternative to FTP and cPanel
- Supported Archives (zip, rar, 7z, tar, gzip, bzip2)
- Image and File Edit Support
- Quicklook, preview for common file types
- Calculate directory sizes
- Video and audio preview/play
- Support file search and sort
- High performance server backend
- Uses local file system no need of database.
- Keyboard shortcuts available
- Multiple file/folder selection
- Move/Copy files with Drag & Drop
- Rich context menu and toolbar
- Thumbnails for image files
- Auto resize on file upload.
- UTF-8 Normalizer of file-name and file-path etc.
- Sanitizer of file-name and file-path etc.
- Folder upload
- Chunked file upload
- Upload directly to the folder
- Creating the archive by specifying the file name
- File browsing history
- Responsive(Works on tablet and phone)
Extend File Manager
- Frontend: Enable file manager plugin for frontend users.
- Shortcode Support: Shortcode support for file manager to post it anywhere on your website.
- Personal User Folder: Every user has personal/private folder.
- Public User Folder: All the user can share a common folder.
- User Role Folder: User with same role can have common shared folder.
- User Role Permission: Set permission for user roles.
- User Permission: Set permission for specific users.
- File Type: Control what files can be uploaded and what file can be downloaded.
- File Size: Control maximum file size that can be uploaded.
- Maximum Operations: Support 13+ types of file operation control.
- Operation Control: Control 13+ operations for specific user and user role.
- Ban Roles/Users: Ban Users and Roles.
Extend File Manager
- At least Firefox 12, Internet Explorer 9, Safari 6, Opera 12 or Chrome/Chromium 19
- PHP 5.2+ PHP 5.4+ (recommended)
- Minimum 5.2
- Recommended 5.4+
- Upto 7.2
- Supports 7.3 on production environment
- DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT must be false to edit files from file manager.
- Upload and install the plugin.
- Go to admin dashbord
- Click on File Manager side menu
Congratulations you have done it!
Invalid backend configuration. Readable volumes not available.
Please check your file permission from your hosting panel. The permission must be 0755 for file/folder. If you are using a vps(virtual private server) then you must ensure that the owner of your installation is PHP aka www-data
I can not upload larger files then *MB
You can upload any size of file.
Can I preview .psd and document files?
Yes you can.
Will I support the plugin?
Yes, I will support the plugin.
5.1.9 (28 October, 2019)
- Updated to elFinder 2.1.50
- Security fix
5.1.8 (20 October, 2019)
5.1.7 (17 July, 2019)
- Uploaded file to appropriate directory will automatically synchronized to media library. (since 5.1.7)
5.1.6 (07 July, 2019)
- File Manager security issue fixed
5.1.5 (16 May, 2019)
- elFinder updated to 2.1.49 (security update) (since 5.1.5)
5.1.4 (15 March, 2019)
- Translation Ready
- MIME file Support extended
5.1.3 (27 February, 2019)
- elFinder updated to v2.1.48
5.1.2 (23 February, 2019)
- Share file via email.
- Root folder path & url added.(You can decide from where your file manager should start).
- Syntax checker added. (You don’t have to worry about breaking your website while editing any more.)
- PDF preview added
- PSD preview added
= 5.1.1 (22 February, 2019)=
* Minor Bug fixed.
* Code & Image editor added.
* WYSIWYG Editor added.
* Chunked file upload added. Upload large file regardless your php.ini settings.
= 5.1.0 (21 February, 2019)=
* Updated to elFinder 2.1.46
* Code Editor added for easy editing [Ace, Codemirror, TinyMCE & others].
* Supported file format extended.
* Minor issue fixed
* Unlimited file size upload added(regardless your php.ini settings)
5.0.4 (24 October, 2018)
- Support for PHP < 5.3 added
5.0.3 (10 October, 2018)
5.0.2 (16 February, 2018)
- Security issue fixed
- Version migration added
- Activity log
5.0.0 (12 September, 2017)
4.1.6 (10 Jun, 2017)
- Empty Downloaded file fixed
- Non-ASCII character support for file/folder name
- Tested on WordPress 4.8
4.1.4 (2 March, 2017)
- Lanugage option added
- Designe issue fixed
4.1.3 (19 February, 2017)
- Lower version of PHP error fixed
4.1.2 (5 January, 2017)
4.1.1 (14 December, 2016)
- UI changed
- Server configuration panel added
- fm_options hook added
- OS independent file path structure
- Logging system added
- Bug fixed and Interface updated.
- Data is not valid problem fixed.
- Chromium design issue fixed.
- Extra character output fixed.
- Page speed optimized
- Security Updated
- Extra slash problem on file edit has been checked.
- Security update.
- Activation error fixed with PHP 5.2
- Internal structure updated.
- Initial release of the plugin.
File Size Indecator
Right Click Menu
File manager settings page