YOUR ALL-IN-ONE SECURITY PLUGIN
Centrora WordPress Security is an all-in-one security plugin specifically designed to safeguard websites of WordPress users. It has integrated firewall, file permissions and a range of powerful scanners, as well as a backup function, protecting you from malicious hacking and attacks of all kinds. The built-in Malware and Security Scanner can also help you identify any security risks, malicious codes, spam, virus, SQL injection and security vulnerabilities existing in your online system.
For yearly subscribers, our qualified support team offers malware removal service free of charge, helping to restore the infected website back to life in no time. Also, please enjoy the 15% off until 31/01/2016. Please go to www.centrora.com for more information.
New features in the version 7.0.0:
- Freshly refurbished UI brings both new themes and better user experience.
- New and faster firewall version 7 with improved performance.
- Improved gitbackup to support large database backups and also it now integrates with GitLab which offers increased cloud backup space.
- Security enhancement: Improved malware scanners to display the long list of detected files.
Amazing features in the brand-new v6.0.0:
- Freshly refurbished UI brings both new themes and better user experience
- New MD5 Hash Scanner, Core Directories Scanner and Modified Files Scanner are incorporated, resulting in enhanced processing capacity and efficiency
- Anti Malware is replaced by a new Dynamic Scanner, which embraces extended virus signature and is at least 50% faster
- New Vulnerability Scanner and File Permission Scanner are included to help identify system loopholes
- Backup now becomes more user-friendly, with easier procedures for up- and downloads.
Past features in v5.0:
- Added: Brand New Look and feel! – We took valuable feedback from you our customers and revamped the look of Centrora Security. Give it a go, we think you will love it!
- Added: Help text to give users a better understanding of each configuration setting
- Added: Strong Password Enforcement under Firewall configuration settings
- Added: A What’s New section where you can view News of security and other related posts from our own security consultants – learn what you can do to harden your site’s security
- WordPress Security enhancement: Merge Firewall Configuration Functions
- WordPress Security enhancement: Improved firewall configuration settings layout – Rearranged Rearranged and simplified configuration settings
- WordPress Security enhancement: Reduced Reduced duplicate functions under Firewall
- WordPress Security enhancement: Improved site navigation speed
- WordPress Security enhancement: Changelog view under what’s new to get details of each release
WordPress Security Firewall
Effective protection by firewall is another strong point of Centrora WordPress Security plugin. Through years of modification and improvement, it has developed into an extremely useful collection of functions, including IP Control and Country Blocking. Admin can control a certain IP by marking it as blacklist, whitelist or monitored, based on the likelihood of further attacks calculated by Centrora WordPress Security plugin.
Moreover, security rules such as Force Strong Password and Silent/Filter Mode can be properly applied, and Brute Force Protection and Google 2-Step Verification (Google Authenticator) activated for tougher security.
- Anti Spam: utilizing blacklisting IPs from Stop Forum Spam.
- AntiVirus: virus scanner scanning that scans through your site for malware and variants that are known security threats, heuristics of backdoors, trojans, suspicious code and other security issues.
- IP Management: manage ip by allow, block and track IP that access to your site
- WordPress Security Check: malicious user agent blocks hundreds of bad bots while ensuring open-access for normal traffic.
- WordPress Security Check: detect directory traversal that consists in exploiting insufficient security validation/sanitization of user-supplied input file names.
- WordPress Security Check: direct file inclusion for any traffic including automated bots that constitutes security threats of including files on a server through the web browser.
- WordPress Security Check: remote file inclusion for any traffic including automated bots that constitutes security threats of exploiting “dynamic file include” mechanisms in web applications.
- WordPress Security Check: identify and report malware and virus of any kind in the scan results
- WordPress Security Check: database SQL injection for any traffic traffic including automated bots that constitutes security threats of attacking data driven applications, in which malicious SQL statements are inserted into an entry field for execution.
- WordPress Security Check: DoS Attacks where automated bots constituting flooding attacks to your website.
- Report WordPress Security threats to defined owner or security analysts
- WordPress Security Firewall enhancement: Frontend Blocking Mode
- WordPress Security Firewall enhancement: Silent/Filter Mode
- WordPress Security Firewall enhancement: IP Control
- WordPress Security Firewall enhancement: Country Blocking
- WordPress Security Firewall enhancement: Variable List
- WordPress Security Backend enhancement: Upload Control
- WordPress Security Login enhancement: Brute Force Protection
- WordPress Security Login enhancement: Google 2-Step Verification (Google Authenticator)
- WordPress Security Firewall — IP Montrol: This firewall function enhances website security by automatically detecting suspicious IP addresses and marked them as monitored. Users can also choose to block or whitelist an IP addresses, preventing legitimate users from being denied access accidentally.
- WordPress Security Firewall — Variables Management: This firewall function boosts WP website’s security by automatically scanning variables in the background, stopping hacking activities from manipulating environment variables.
- WordPress Security Firewall — File Upload Control: This firewall function contributes to website security by documenting all file-upload activities, therefore enabling users to check for untrusted files uploaded and to track malicious upload attempts
- WordPress Security Firewall — Country Blocking: Blocking countries with high spam scores will save you bandwidth and reduce the chance of being hacked. Country Blocking Panel allows you to block specific countries in our feature rich web application firewall.
- PHP 5.3.0 or above
- MySQL 5.0 or above
- WordPress 3.5 or above
- PHP Data Objects enabled (it is activated by default as of PHP 5.1.0, please contact your hosting to enable it if it is disabled. reference
Centrora WordPress Security plugin offers a full range of useful malware scanner to enhance website security of WP users. These include Dynamic Scanner, MD5 Hash Scanner, Core Directories Scanner, Modified File scanner. Based on the scan report generated, you can clean, quarantine, mark as clean, restore suspicious files or export infected files to CSV.
- WordPress Security Dynamic Scanner: The scanner is specifically designed for malware detection; it’s similar to an antivirus, but much more powerful
- WordPress Security MD5 Hash Scanner: This scanner is able to detect all known malware and virus, the database for malware and virus and constantly improved and kept up to date
- WordPress Security Core Directories Scanner: This scanner is suitable for a quick check to find suspicious files, safeguarding security in these areas
- WordPress Security Modified File scanner: The scanner is capable of detecting modified files within a certain time period and files which are symbolic links
Beside these scanners, Centrora WordPress Security plugin provides extended functions to check website vulnerabilities caused by other plugins or the server itself, therefore ensuring a better overall security for your website. The additional three features are Vulnerabilities Scanner, File Permissions Scanner and Audit My Website.
- WordPress Security Vulnerabilities Scanner: This scanner is a powerful vulnerability detector, scanning through your website and detecting any real vulnerabilities; credit to WPScan Vulnerability
- WordPress Security File Permissions Scanner: This scanner is able to detect files with insecure file permission, based on the base file/folder permissions you’ve set
- WordPress Security Audit My Website: The scanner notifies admin the potential risks when the settings are not set appropriately, ensuring better security in every aspect of the website
- Fast and reliable WordPress Hosting packages
- Free SSL certificates for hosting account customers
- Dynamic Scanner: Dynamic Virus Scanner is a powerful malware detector, it acts like an antivirus but is more powerful than an antivirus. Although viruses keep changing, the Dynamic Virus Scanner detects virus files based on our daily-updated signatures, providing security check quickly and accurately!
- Core Directories Scanner: Core directories Scanner is a neat and quick detector for security check-up, it scans the core directories of your website and detects suspicious files. Core Directory Scanner checks the core files against the standard package to dig out suspicious files quickly.
- Scan Report: Infected files identified in previous scan processes will be displayed here in the results. It provides detailed report of detected malware and virus, with the ability to batch remove, backup and quarantine compromised files, folders, programs, make security maintenance a much easier job for the users.
- Advanced Firewall Configuration: Centrora Security Firewall’s configuration can be changed here to better suit your chosen level of website security. Over 95% of the threats can be effectively blocked by the basic settings included in Centrora Security Firewall. To further harden your web application firewall and enhance security, you might consider additional layer of protection with the advanced firewall rules. In addition to Advanced Firewall Setting, the added Silent Mode enables you to fine-tune the degree of monitoring (called threshold) of a given suspicious IP address. You can also activate Country Blocking here to have higher security level.
- File Upload Control: This firewall function contributes to website security by documenting all file-upload activities, therefore enabling users to check for untrusted files uploaded and to track malicious upload attempts.
- Country Blocking: Blocking countries with high spam scores will save you bandwidth and reduce the chance of being hacked, significantly strengthening the security of your website. Country Blocking Panel allows you to block specific countries in our feature rich web application firewall.
- Scheduled Backup: Premium subscribers are able to take advantage of the scheduled backup function. Such add-in better protect website security in case of files and folders lost in an emergency situation.
- Scheduled Scanning Tasks: After being set up, a scheduled scanning task will automatically runs according to the predetermined date, time and frequency. The time used is based on that of your system. This useful function constantly checks the website for security risks, and it truly frees you to focus on your core business.
- Cloud backup: Premium subscribers are able to take the advantage of 10GB of cloud storage space for each website to keep their backups with GitLab.
In case of lost files, Centrora Security plugin also offers convenient backup services. Users can make a copy of their website data either locally or using a cloud provider such as GitLab
The standard periodic scanning task will be performed automatically according to the preferred time and frequency set by the user, therefore keep website’s security and healthiness constantly monitored.
Free Malware Removal Service
At Centrora, website security and value to our customers are our primary concerns. Therefore, for our Premium Subscribers, we have great more to offer: yearly subscribers are entitled to FREE malware removal service provided by our capable security support team. This service are also available to monthly users who have been consecutively active for six months or more. With our great effort for security and malware removal, it can be expected that the broken-down website will be restored in a timely manner and the resulting enhancement will allow ti to sustain attacks of similar nature in the future.
- In-depth Malware Detection: In addition to basic scanning methods, the dedicated Dynamic Scanner is the result of months of improvement by our Centrora Security team. The scanning process is efficient and way faster than the market average. Dynamic Scanner is also capable of identifying well-hidden malicious codes, resulting in better malware removal and a high rate of restoring infected websites successfully.
- Scan Result: The Scan Result provides users with control over suspicious and infected files. These files can be cleaned, quarantined, restored or exported to CSV.
At http://docs.centrora.com/en/latest/, you can find step-by-step tutorials for activating all security functions incorporated in the Centrora WordPress Security plugin.
If you need help in using Centrora WordPress Security™ plugin, save time by starting your support request online and we’ll connect you to a security analyst or even the senior security consultant. Click here for help.